About Shift into Winter
Our annual Shift into Winter campaign is a joint provincial initiative led by the Winter Driving Safety Alliance and managed by Road Safety at Work. It starts for employers in September and for drivers in October each year.
The campaign’s goal is to eliminate winter-related crashes on BC roads.
Our messages are aimed at employers, employees who drive for work, and the general driving public. We aim to:
- Increase awareness about winter driving safety practices
- Increase the number of people who change their driving behaviour to adopt safe winter driving practices
- Increase the number of employers who implement winter driving programs and policies
The campaign began in 2009.
The Winter Driving Safety Alliance
The Alliance is a partnership between public and private organizations. Formed in 2006, it’s committed to improving the safety of drivers in winter conditions. Alliance members work together to provide education and resources that help people understand, and reduce driving-related risks.
Members of the Alliance include:
- Ambulance Paramedics of BC
- Automotive Retailers Association
- BC Forest Safety Council
- BC Highway Patrol – RCMP
- BC Road Builders & Heavy Construction Association
- City of Kelowna
- City of Vancouver
- Concrete BC
- Corecode Safety & Compliance
- FarOut Wilderness
- Island Equipment Owners Association
- Justice Institute of British Columbia
- Kal Tire
- Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure
- Road Safety at Work
- Tiger Calcium Services
- Tire and Rubber Association of Canada
- Wilson M. Beck Insurance Group
Need more information?
Contact us if you’re interested in becoming a member of the Alliance or have questions about Shift into Winter.