Take action to improve the safety of your employees who drive for work. Participate in this complimentary driving safety webinar offered by Road Safety at Work in partnership with the Justice Institute of BC, SafeCareBC and the Winter Driving Safety Alliance.
Winter driving presents unique challenges as drivers deal with seasonal weather, colder temperatures, and shorter daylight hours. Crashes in which someone is killed or injured due to driving too fast for conditions more than double between September and December. This webinar offers practical, useful tips to help reduce your stress and increase your knowledge about safer defensive driving in winter conditions. Learn how you can prepare yourself before getting behind the wheel this winter.
There is no charge for webinar but you must register online in advance to attend. Once registered, a link to the session will be provided to you via email.
Can't attend? Register anyway, we'll send you a link to the recording following the live event.
View webinar recording (approx 1 hour)
Download the slides from our Webinar (PDF 5 MB)
Here are links to various resources which were mentioned in the webinar session:
Shift into Winter:
- Tip Sheets For All Drivers:
- Employer Tool Kit
- Worker Tool Kit
- Winter Tire Information
- Winter Driving Survival Checklist
- Winter Driving Safety Quiz
- Free Online Winter Driving Safety Course for Employers and Supervisors
- Current Road Conditions / Highway Cameras
- Weather Conditions
- Designated Winter Tire and Chain Routes
Road Safety At Work:
- Making Necessary Adjustments to Your Mirrors and Seatbelts
- Vehicle Emergency Kit
- Journey Management
- Establishing a Check-In System
Justice Institute of BC:
- Driver Training:
- Online Winter Driving Safety Course (coming December 2020. Check back here for more information)