Promoting the Road Safety At Work Week campaign
Support Road Safety At Work Week (March 5-9, 2018) by registering your organization for Road Safety At Work Week and encouraging your members to do the same. You will be contributing to safer workplaces and safer roads for all British Columbians.
Before March 5
Before Road Safety At Work Week starts on March 5, register your organization and send a message to your members letting them know about Road Safety At Work Week and how to register. Publish a story about Road Safety At Work Week in your newsletter or magazine or on your website and Intranet. Here are two examples you can customize:
- Sample story for intranet or employee newsletter
- Sample story for organization website or member newsletter
If you are holding events between now and March 5, reference Road Safety At Work Week in your presentations and distribute handouts such as posters, activities to complete during Road Safety At Week and the 10 reasons to participate.
Place Road Safety at Work Week banner ads, with a hyperlink to Road Safety At Work Week, in your own publications such as your website, e-newsletter or magazine.
The banners come in three sizes:
126px X 126px
300px X 250px
728px X 90px
If you would like us to create a customized version of one of these banners with your own logo displayed, contact Rose Melzer at Rose.Melzer@roadsafetyatwork.ca.
If you are a Twitter, Facebook or Instagram fan, share the links to the register page and challenge your followers to sign up. Here are some sample messages to get you started.
Follow Road Safety at Work on Twitter @RoadSafeAtWork and retweet its safety messages.
Display and distribute the Road Safety At Work Week poster
- Print copies of the Road Safety At Work Week posters and place them in your lobby, meeting rooms or other high-traffic areas before March 5 to help create awareness.
- Email copies of the posters to your members and ask them to post them in their workplaces.
Sample campaign launch message to employees and others
Distribute a message to your members on Monday, March 5 to remind them of Road Safety At Work Week, how to participate and the benefits of improving worker-driving safety in their organizations.
Include a message and ad banner about Road Safety At Work Week in your email signature and encourage others to do so as well. Here are some examples:
- Register for Road Safety At Work Week March 5 - 9.
- 10 reasons to register for Road Safety At Work Week March 5-9.
- Register for Road Safety At Work Week March 5-9 and be eligible to win a prize.
- Preventing crashes is smart business. Register for Road Safety At Work Week March 5-9.
- Include this banner in your email signature.
If you need help
If you would like help planning your participation and how to promote the Week to your members, contact us.