Marketing and Communications Manager
(approx. 100 hours/month)
Justice Institute of British Columbia (JIBC) is seeking a seasoned professional for a senior marketing and communications role in a contract position for the Road Safety At Work (RSAW) program. This is a new role intended to emphasize a more strategic and coherent marketing and communications approach for the overall RSAW program, including three stand-alone campaign strategies.
The goal of RSAW is to increase awareness and knowledge about occupational road safety, and motivate employers, supervisors, employees and the general public to take specific action resulting in a reduced number of injuries and fatalities associated with workplace motor vehicle incidents (MVIs).
The Manager will be responsible for developing the strategic marketing and communications vision for the RSAW program, as well as multi-channel campaign strategies involving internal and external stakeholders for the three campaigns:
- Road Safety At Work: focused on improving the safety of employees who are required to drive for their job
- Cone Zone: focused on the safety of roadside workers
- Shift into Winter: targeting individuals who operate motor vehicles in winter conditions
This position provides consultation and direction for all of Road Safety At Work channels including web, social media, digital, video, print, out of home, etc. to ensure the campaigns are aligned to the overarching RSAW program strategy, and marketing best practices are used in campaign development and implementation plans.
Specific objectives include improving occupational road safety awareness, and directing target audiences to access online tools and resources. Expanding RSAW awareness and reach through a holistic, data-driven, targeted approach is a key requirement of this position. This approach will be informed by an extensive research project that is currently under way.
Working with a high performing, collaborative team of 10, the Marketing and Communications Manager will be organized, diplomatic, and relatively self-sufficient. The Manager will report to the Program Director and also work closely and collaboratively with WorkSafeBC, which funds the RSAW program, as well as other external stakeholders with an interest in improving road safety. The successful candidate will have a rewarding opportunity to use their creativity and savvy to shape and develop lifesaving and injury-reducing road safety initiatives.
Marketing & Communications
- Lead marketing and communications planning and delivery for the RSAW program overall
- Lead communications and multi-channel marketing strategic plan development for all three RSAW campaigns
- Ensure strategies are supported by current and relevant data and research
- Collaborate and assist Campaign Manager with implementation and delivery as necessary
- Support Campaign Manager in development of annual work plans, including development of ad copy, key messages, and website material
- Assist coordination of post-campaign surveys; review and analyze the campaign results from surveys and websites
- Review and approve annual campaign reports
- Act as a marketing and communications resource for the RSAW team
- Oversee website strategy including usability, analytics, and content management with support of RSAW team subject matter experts
- Oversee enewsletter and social media content to ensure social media strategy is aligned with marketing and communications strategies and plans
- Oversee advertising plans that include the ad channels (radio, digital, print)
- Participate in weekly online team meetings
- Attend campaign stakeholder meetings as required
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, or marketing preferred
- A minimum of 10 years progressive, marketing, communications, and strategic planning experience (or equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Successful track record in the development of integrated communication and marketing strategies. This includes collaborating with team members and stakeholders to develop concepts, defining comprehensive requirements, crafting and executing well-defined project plans, and launching effective, measurable campaigns.
Skills & Personal Qualities
- Familiarity with digital marketing and communication tools, MS Office
- Ability to form effective business relationships with team members and other organizations
- Confident and effective communication skills (written and verbal)
- Understanding of road safety challenges and issues and provincial road safety initiatives is a
strong asset; familiarity with occupational health and safety issues is also an asset
To be considered for this opportunity, please send a cover letter and resumé by February 14, 2020 to:
Joan Glover, Program Director, Driver Education Centre