Last year's Speaker Series on Health and Safety was a great success so we’re headed back! This year we’ve added an additional speaker, a highly requested post-conference course on Joint Occupational Health & Safety Committee, and moved the venue to The Coast Prince George Hotel.
Day 1 Speakers and topics include:
- Linda Edgecomb will be delivering the opening keynote “Breaking Busy. Energy and Resilience in Crazy Times”
- Dave Earle will discuss “Diversity in Transportation: Bullying, Harassment, and the Acceptance of Others”
- Cathy Cook will speak on “Mental Health in Transportation: What You Need to Know”
- Jacqueline Morrison, Industry Specialist with WorkSafeBC will introduce WorkSafeBC’s “Industry Driven New Safety Resources”
- Angela Splinter will be coming from Ottawa to deliver the closing keynote “Modernizing Your HR Approach”
Day 2 Optional Post Conference Joint Occupational Health and Safety Committee Training:
Are you a new JOHSC member? This course is for you!
Receive your WorkSafeBC mandated 8 hours of training. Your Safety Committee is the foundation of your safety program. From it you build your health and safety program within your organization. This course shows you how to build and run your committee while covering all the regulatory requirements, both federally and provincially. This course is for new and existing safety committee members as well as worker health and safety representatives.
For more information regarding the speakers, venue, accommodation, and costs, please click here.
Sign up by August 30th to take advantage of the early bird discount! (And don't forget, you can receive your mandatory 8 hours of training on day 2!)