Identify driving-related hazards
July 1, 2023
This month’s road safety goal is to identify hazards that are likely to cause crashes. Choose 1 or more of the following activities to help you reach that goal.
- Review our Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment Tool Kit.
- Work together with your employees to fill out our Driving-Related Hazards Checklist.
- Hold a tailgate meeting to discuss road hazards and ask employees to identify hazards that concern them.
- Act on 2 or more of those hazards.
- Take our Controlling Exposure to Driving-Related Hazards online course.
- Develop an inventory of driving-related hazards that your employees are likely to face.
- Discuss with your health and safety committee or representative to find ways to reduce the risk for 3 or more of the hazards.
Road Safety at Work is your best source for information and practical resources on occupational road safety. Please contact us if you have any questions.